Mariah's that chick you like

Mariah performed "I'm that chick" live on The Hills and I've got the performance for you below. Don't be afraid to watch this if her previous SNL massacre put you off. This performance is definitely an upgrade. She actually sounds decent and moves around the stage, but she stays looking like a 2 dollar ho and insists on having fans with no rhythm as back-up dancers.



Folk at the listening party of Mariah's album back when it was called That chick had this song out to be a banger of a club track. Given Stargate were behind the song I was expecting something along the lines of Rihanna's "Don't stop the music" and Janet's "2nite", but I'm pleasnatly surprised by the turn out and I do like it. I love the old skool 70's vibe it shares with songs off of her last album such as "Circles". I'm sure the studio CD version will sound better, because Mariah's performance wasn't the best.

"I'm that chick" will not be the second single from E=MC². It's already been confirmed that the Stargate produced ballad "Bye bye" will be the second single.

Comments

  1. Now this has potential. Even though Mariah sounds hoarse and keeps hitting that one sour note, I'm looking forward to the studio version of this track. And though it is a nice song (I'm feeling the throwback vibe as well), I'm glad Mariah saw reason and changed the album title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The song definitely has potential, I agree. It threw me off when I first heard it because it wasn't what I was expecting based on what I'm read about the song. But I love it now. Mariah's shaky performance and 2 dollar ho look aside.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed